Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fun

IMG_8941
IMG_8838

"That does it. I'm going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year."
"Why?"
"So you can look up 'fun'. I'm not sure you know what it means."


- City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments)


As we grow older, our idea of fun changes. Our expectations grow limitlessly and one day, we will begin to wonder why life is so mundane. I don't want that - I don't want to lose the things that keep me sane - and fun is one of them. The only problem is, we will never be able to avoid it.

I hate that we have to live a life filled with worries such as getting/keeping our jobs, how many kids we can afford to have, whether or not we can make it to catch the next train or how much COE we have to pay for a god damn car. Average people like me face such issues, the richer people face issues like "been there done that" till they run out of fun things to do. I guess it all boils down to mankind. We will never be satisfied.

And that is what I've always been trying to learn - to be contented with what I have.
For some it takes decades to master, for others never.