Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cons Project SG

Last Friday on the 11th of April I was invited to attend a street art workshop by Converse, to learn how to create murals and do screen printing. The main purpose of the workshop was to spread awareness for their new project #CONSPROJECTSG. There were several other workshops to choose from and I really wanted to attend the DJ one but I couldn't make it so I settled for the street art session instead. No regrets though!

IMG_0771
IMG_0847
What's a blogpost without some outfit pictures?

DSC_3827
Jh accompanied me there hehe so thankful for him ^^ Not sure what's gonna happen to me when he starts work in a month's time… really can't bring myself to think of it. I am way too dependent on him now and I'm so used to seeing him almost everyday.

IMG_0779
IMG_0778
With Sheron, who is sort of our blog manager. Very nice lady :)

IMG_0781
Local street artist Zero giving a demonstration

IMG_0782
IMG_0783
IMG_0784
And it's done! Easy peasy right?

IMG_0786
OK MY TURN

IMG_0789
Me at a lost of what to do next hahaha

IMG_0794
Mine turned out to be damn wet. I totally sucked at it :(

IMG_0817
IMG_0818
Converse products on display

IMG_0824
IMG_0805
Jh's turn!!

IMG_0827
Me holding his end product which is damn nice la?!

IMG_0810
IMG_0832
We were given a mini tour in RSCLS' studio

IMG_0833
Fascinated by the skateboard chairs

IMG_0821
IMG_0812
DSC_5236
Group shot! Yep that's me in the middle with a spray can haha

IMG_0877
IMG_0870
The pair of shoes I was sponsored. Yay to new comfy footwear!

IMG_0895
"Shoes are boring. Wear sneakers."

On the overall, I found the workshop extremely interesting and it was indeed an eye opener for me :) It was sort of as if I learnt of another 'world' - that of an artist. How they came about, the amount of passion they have for doing what they love and the stuff they do for a living is simply amazing.


Some questions you may ask…

What is Cons Project about?
It is a Converse initiative that tells the Cons story through creative workshops.

What were the workshops about?
The street art workshops were conducted by Inkten, Clogtwo and Zero of the RSCLS crew. Participants gained some insights and techniques behind RSCLS’ artworks. They also learnt to create murals and silkscreen posters together with the artists.

The DJ workshop was conducted by DJ KoFlow, a Singapore DMC Champion. This interactive workshop comprised of a turntable performance as well as an introduction to DJ-ing, which touched on some fundamental techniques such as scratching. The participants were also given a hands-on segment.

The skate insta-video workshop was conducted by the Converse APAC Skate Team & Preduce. The skaters guided participants on filming techniques for skateboarding in an interactive session, as well as showing them how to edit their insta-videos.


Search #ConsProjectSG on instagram / other social media sites to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment