Friday, July 4, 2014

Gonggong's 84th

IMG_9426
IMG_9335

Last Saturday when we went for a buffet dinner at Merchant Court hotel. They had a huge variety of food, not as good as the previous one I went to (Copthorne King's) but still alright. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't have much of an appetite that day or if it is because it didn't really taste well. I mean the raw food and fresh seafood was good but the cooked food were all so-so in my opinion. Wouldn't recommend you guys to dine there cuz $60 per head is totally not worth it!

The only thing I loved was their chocolate cake. We ordered it from them for my grandpa's birthday and omg it was freaking heaven?! Tasted like Bakerzin's Chocolate Amer!!! I am the biggest chocolate fan ever so I am practically an expert, trust me. Hahaha. Don't bother going there just for the cake though, since you can already taste the similar one over at Bakerzin.

Grandpa is already 84 this year and it's scary how time flies. My wish for him is to continue living a long and healthy life ahead, hopefully till like 150 years old! Same for my grandma! I want them to watch me get married in the future, I want to bring them on an all expenses paid trip, I want them to watch my kids grow up. To the best grandparents in the world - I love you ♥♥

IMG_5513
IMG_9342
IMG_9332
IMG_9345
IMG_9323
IMG_9356
IMG_9364
IMG_9371
Probably the best part of the buffet, fresh seafood ^-^

IMG_9359
IMG_9379
IMG_9400
IMG_9387
Muah chee on a stick whoop whoop

IMG_9401
IMG_9380
Not forgetting kueh pie tee. But theirs was horrible. The worst I've ever eaten in my life! Not ingredients at all, only turnip and tiny prawns. No egg, no sauce, no peanut, nothing. Ugh.

IMG_9383
Black pepper crayfish was one of the dishes that tasted nice. Everything else doesn't even deserve a caption.

IMG_9437
IMG_9411
IMG_9398
IMG_9414
Mhmmmmm (yes they serve the amazeballs cake at their dessert section as well)

IMG_9407
IMG_9402
Fresh durian which I hate but most of you who love durian will love this

IMG_9408
IMG_9403
IMG_9417
Caught my aunt and uncle attempting to sneak a selfie hahahaha all of us had a good laugh

IMG_9442
IMG_9419
IMG_9431
IMG_9434

1 comment:

  1. happy family! :)

    http://spelljourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete