Thursday, July 10, 2014

NDP preview 2014

IMG_9764
IMG_9901

This year's National Day Parade theme is COLOURS! Which explains the grand opening with colourful smoke as shown in the first picture above. As compared to all the other years I've watched on tv, this year's theme is by far the best. We didn't even have a new theme song, they just reused the classic "My People, My Home" - best decision ever!!!! That song brings back so much memories...

The last time I've been to NDP was when I was 11 and now I'm 21. That's an entire decade! Many things have changed. From what I recall, we used to have it at Kallang stadium (the older generation had theirs at the Padang) and it wasn't all that grand like the current MBS floating platform. In the old days, we sang National Day songs from sheets of lyric paper that was given in the fun pack. Now? All the song lyrics are on that giant LCD screen. Hahaha.

Never thought I'd have a chance to have such an experience again. Gotta thank my bud Aloy for giving me his tickets :) For those of you who haven't been to an NDP in many years or have never been to one at all, you should try applying for tickets to go! I think every Singaporean should at least experience it once or twice in their lives.

I'm not sure how the ballot system works but I certainly hope these limited tickets are saved for Singaporeans only. After all, about 40% of Singapore is now made up of foreigners. Who knows, maybe one day there wouldn't even be enough space for us Singaporeans. Ok enough talk. Enjoy the pictures before the actual NDP next month! ^-^

IMG_9728
IMG_9815
IMG_9749
Val came to join Jh & I because her bf was marching for NDP

IMG_9757
IMG_9752
IMG_9783
IMG_9787
I vow to try this one day. I just have to.

IMG_9758
IMG_9859
IMG_9790
IMG_9762
Our pretend-ministers hahahaha the whole crowd burst into laughter upon seeing this

IMG_9809
IMG_9826
Everyone was in awe when they saw the smoke ring from the military boat gun shots. It lasted for quite some time, which I thought was cool too.

IMG_9765
IMG_9847
IMG_9834
IMG_9792
IMG_9811
IMG_9889
IMG_9885
Colourful costumes for every performance

IMG_9902
IMG_9863
IMG_9884
Yep, that's me with the fake tattoo on my face. Totally getting in the mood LOL

IMG_9905
IMG_9906
My personal favourite performance was the cheerleaders! Some of my ex teammates from Blazers were performing plus it was super fun to watch their routine after being away from cheer for so long.

IMG_9903
IMG_9913
IMG_9907
IMG_9928

Feeling slightly more patriotic yet? Haha.
Thanks for reading xx

P.S/ NDP video will be up in another post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment