Saturday, November 29, 2014

Madame Tussauds Singapore

IMG_0862
IMG_0897
IMG_0872

Over at Madame Tussauds wax museum, you get to rub shoulders with world leaders, celebrities, athletes, etc. Not the real thing but wax figures better than nothing right?! Who doesn't want to take a selfie with Obama you tell me?!? Hahaha. Last week, I brought the brother, the boyfriend and the best friend along with me!

When we first entered the place we assumed it'll just be going in to take pictures with a bunch of fake statues but turns out they were so real that I got pretty freaked out at first. Seriously! If you were there alone with the lights off you would be frightened to death because they are so realistic! I even took a shot of Yao Ming's armpit hair LOL. I touched everything - from their eyelashes to their noses to their ears and even their hair. Even Madonna's butt was perfectly shaped ok! Don't worry about it being obscene, it's covered by her stage costume. Curious me just happened to lift it up hahahaha.

Upon entering, you get to take a short boat ride which sort of summarizes Singapore in a few minutes. It consists of the Merlion, Singapore Airlines plane, Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Flyer, Lion Dance, etc. Perfect tourist attraction because of the local touch - it gives them an idea of what Singapore is like via an interesting 4D tour!

IMG_0758
IMG_0761
IMG_0744
IMG_0763
IMG_0767
IMG_0782
That's not my thumb btw.. I detest pink. Hahaha.

IMG_0777
Candid shot thus the moving hand

IMG_0801
Horrible picture of us but whoohoo boat ride!!

IMG_0795
IMG_0803
IMG_0800
IMG_0796
IMG_0802
IMG_0835
IMG_0804
IMG_0839
A brief description on how the wax sculptures are made

IMG_0840

The word "museum" sounds boring, doesn't it? Museums normally have "do not touch" warning signs and barriers to prevent us from going close to the exhibit. I've been to a few museums myself and they were so boring I couldn't wait to leave. However, Madame Tussauds wax museum encourages everyone to "interact" with the wax figures. By interact I mean that we are actually allowed to touch and hold them while posing with them, instead of just posing beside them like an ordinary art piece.

I can't decide if the best part of the museum is the boat ride or the props. Yes, most of the wax figures have props beside them. Props include the signature yellow boots for Phua Chu Kang in different sizes, guitars and drums for Jay Chou's mini concert, leather jacket for the motorbike in Terminator and even a golf club, basketball, badminton racket & table tennis bat for the various athletes. There are so many other props I didn't list out so you'd have to visit them yourself to find out! ;) Just a hint: You get to dress up and pretend to perform beside Taylor Swift!!!!


The museum is split into a few sections...

1. World leaders

IMG_0812
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is my secretary

IMG_0806
IMG_0808
Jh giving a speech in front of the white house beside President Barack Obama

IMG_0805
The guy everyone loves because his face is on our dollar bills hahaha

IMG_0813
Cymon checking if Goh Chok Tong's hair is real.

IMG_0816


2. Famous athletes

IMG_0820
Hottie alert!!! David Beckham *.*

IMG_0825
Sorry I blocked Yao Ming's face.. but the sports section wasn't really my thing.

IMG_0821
Awesome details.. omg even the face pigmentation is painted on O.O

IMG_0828
IMG_0826
Jh is the new Tiger Woods

IMG_0822
They didn't leave out the armpit hair!!! I wonder if it's real…

IMG_0831


3. Behind the scenes of filming

IMG_0848
IMG_0854
Direction Min screaming at Zoe Tay

IMG_0850
I didn't even know who this guy was till Jh told me haha

IMG_0857
Just ended a shoot with Phua Chu Kang

IMG_0858
and off to Oprah Winfrey's show!


4. Celebrities & Movies

IMG_0860
This boy became super excited here because of Taylor Swift. She's perfect omg

IMG_0900
Cymon destroying the terminator

IMG_0890
Me getting kicked by Bruce Lee

IMG_0878
Jurassic Park!!! (Spot the dinosaur behind them)

IMG_0881
Local director Jack Neo

IMG_0869
My new husband! HAHAHA. Jay Chou :-*

IMG_0891
The classic Audrey Hepburn

IMG_0882
Sex symbol Marilyn Monroe (aka olden days slut) and me trying to pose like her

IMG_0886
The karate kid & shi-fu Jackie Chan

IMG_0892
IMG_0909
Playing with Brad Pitt's nostrils

IMG_0894
IMG_0905
Andy Lau or Jh? I pick Jh :D

IMG_0877
Madonna. See the prop table behind? They even provide wigs for us!

IMG_0912
Selfie with Johnny Depp

IMG_0903
IMG_0916
IMG_0923
B buying a souvenir for me cuz he knows I have a keychain collection since young

IMG_0925
IMG_0930
Hehe it's damn cool, the light flashes & a camera click sound is produced whenever I press the button.

IMG_0946
Headed to Vivo for an extremely fulfilling dinner at Ichiban Boshi~

IMG_0938


All of us had a fantastic time there and I am sure you will too ^-^
Thank you for the invite WTS Travel!



IMG_0907
IMG_0913

Madame Tussauds Singapore
40 Imbiah Rd, Sentosa
Singapore 099700

Opens daily 10am to 9pm
(Last admission at 7.30pm)

Child (4-12) $20
Adult (13-59) $30
Senior Citizen (60+) $27


How to get there:






→ PURCHASE DISCOUNTED TICKETS HERE! ←

No comments:

Post a Comment