Friday, November 14, 2014

My 21st birthday #SPELLCEL

poster

My Harry Potter themed birthday party was a success!!!

There were slight hiccups along the way because the food caterer came an hour late and the portions were so small there wasn't enough food towards the end. I even bought extra finger food to fry but they weren't enough too. I read tons of good reviews on Meihao99 catering but turns out they fail at punctuality?! They were supposed to be there at 6pm, my party started at 6.30pm and they were only done with the set up around 7.45pm. I was totally freaking out when all my guests started coming but the food was nowhere to be seen.

Anyway once it came everything else pretty much fell into place. I was super busy jumping between groups trying to divide my attention to everyone that I barely even spoke to my family. I think I wasn't a very good host but nonetheless I am very thankful to everyone who turned up! I am especially grateful to the special group of people who helped me out with decorations, cooking, shifting furniture, cleaning up, etc. You guys are the best ♥

It was one unforgettable night.
I can't emphasize enough on how thankful I am :')

IMG_0465
Notice the scroll on my arm? Yes, I dressed up as Hedwig.

IMG_0413
IMG_0679
One of my favourite photobooth prints :>

IMG_0450
More details & close up shots of my dessert table at the bottom of the post!

IMG_0553
Harry Potter inspired nails - can you name them all?

IMG_0455
IMG_0463
When they were singing the birthday song and I was being shy hahaha

IMG_0466
IMG_0470
IMG_0474
IMG_0476
IMG_0472
IMG_0483
IMG_0479
IMG_0485
IMG_0481
IMG_0491
IMG_0494
IMG_0488
IMG_0486
IMG_0499
IMG_0492
IMG_0507
IMG_0510
IMG_0526
IMG_0527
IMG_0549
IMG_0532
IMG_0548
IMG_0563
IMG_0597
IMG_0576
IMG_0614
IMG_0586





IMG_6854

This is the birthday invite I took from google and then added my own words.

I booked Aloha Changi Garden Chalet G because of the stone walls that gave off the Hogwarts Great Hall vibe. That area is famous for being haunted so I made sure to do my research and booked the one with the most online reviews. It's walking distance from the bus stop as well so I honestly think it's a good choice as compared to the rest of the Aloha Changi chalets.

Location is a little inconvenient but other than that, no regrets of holding my party there. The place was huge and had 4 rooms so I actually printed out & stuck the 4 house crests on each door to make the rooms look like the different common rooms in Hogwarts. I forgot to take pictures of it :(


These are the ones I used!





IMG_0672
IMG_0420
IMG_0670
IMG_0443

I hired Beehoon Productions for photobooth and it's totally affordable! I didn't take enough pictures but I am glad the prints turned out great and everyone had fun at the photobooth! Or at least I think they did :) Those of you who're throwing a party you can consider hiring them.


Click here to view the soft copies of my photobooth prints








IMG_0402
IMG_0405
Close up shot of my cake. The sorting hat is just amazing!! (Ignore the broken wand, it melted due to the crazy heat.)

IMG_0404
Honeydew sago & chocolate cheesecake cups

IMG_0406
Vanila and red velvet cupcakes. Not only do they taste good, their so cute to look at!!

IMG_0418
Mini Hedwig lollipops made out of white chocolate

IMG_0407
IMG_0416
IMG_0417
Instead of food labels, Mad4bakes came up with a genius idea to print Marauders maps for all my guests! It opens just like the actual map in the movie except that instead of a map, it is the sketch of the table with labels of all the desserts :)

IMG_0411
Golden snitches - the wings are brilliant. Each one is drawn, cut out & glued on. Just wow.

IMG_0409

Dessert table was kindly sponsored by the talented team behind Mad4Bakes! They put so much effort into it. From the desserts, to the Marauder's map print outs, to the table decorations & props. The LED candles even had switches at the bottom so the fake flames could be lighted up. Desserts tasted great as well, there were no leftovers at all except for the Honeydew sago which we kept till the next morning. Everything else was wiped out clean. I highly recommend Mad4Bakes!!!!

MAD4BAKES

Website
Facebook
Instagram





IMG_0445
IMG_0627
IMG_0419

The nice guy behind Balloon Foil dropped it into Min's mailbox because our schedules couldn't match and he lives near her. Jh & Cymon helped me to blow up everything and it was done really quickly because straws were provided and blowing each alphabet only takes less than a minute. This is a must-have for every party!

BALLOON FOIL

Instagram





IMG_0604
IMG_0611
IMG_0551

Jocelyn from Absolutely Nails was super patient and everything was hand drawn can you believe it?!? Plus it's gelish so it can last for about 3 weeks odd. This is my favourite nail design yet! Not only because I am a Potterhead but because it looks really pretty on a dark blue glittery base and the designs are extremely detailed as you can tell.

Absolutely Nails

Website
Facebook
Instagram





IMG_0440



Mischief Managed!
Signing off, Wizard Cel.

2 comments: