Thursday, February 26, 2015

CNY 2015

Hello!!! Image heavy update on how I spent this year's Chinese New Year!


除夕 (Eve of CNY)


Reunion dinner with my dad's side relatives, didn't take pictures because the brother & I were busy being bombarded with repetitive questions. All night I had to listen to army talk cuz the only question anyone asked Clemon was "how is army?" For me it was mainly about my job and if I would like to further my studies. I honestly feel pressurized whenever someone asks about me going to get a degree. I get it enough from my dad so I'd appreciate it if everyone else just let me do my thing. Sigh. Living in Singapore makes it so difficult to survive without that piece of paper.

IMG_4008
IMG_4016
IMG_4013

---

初一 (CNY Day 1)


CNY is practically an annual routine. Even the sequence of our visiting is the same. We headed to my dad's side first followed by my mom's side for the rest of the day. Mornings would be spent having home cooked rice cakes and taking family photos. We have this tradition where we have to say well wishes to our parents with oranges before they give us our red packets. I asked around and some of my friends do that too but some don't. I used to find it awkward when I was in my teens, having to throw in a few chinese idioms and what not. Now I am completely okay with it hahaha does this mean I am old??

IMG_4020
IMG_4017
Home cooked seafood rice cake!!! I love!

IMG_4030
IMG_4022
♪♪ Bang bang all over you ♪♪

IMG_4032
IMG_4026
Go black or go home

IMG_4043
IMG_4023
IMG_4053
IMG_4083
IMG_4113
IMG_4056
IMG_4105
IMG_4062
Behind the scenes of taking this shot:

Step 1. Put the camera on the tripod
Step 2. Extend the tripod
Step 3. Put the tripod onto the mahjong table

HAHAHAHAHA the lengths I go to for pictures....

IMG_4102
IMG_4084

---

初二 (CNY Day 2)


Visiting on day 2 is always at my 3rd grandma's place because my mom has two moms (long story). Nothing much, just the usual lunch and small talk. Clem & I bailed after lunch to meet our friends. Hehe. I met the usual clique and we were so bored we drank beer while playing bowling, sang karaoke for a couple of hours, drove around aimlessly and had prata for dinner. Yum. Then I kinda forgot what we did after that but it was either L4D2 or sitting at some rooftop playing pointless games. We meet so often now that I have lost track of our activities. Hahaha.

IMG_4187
IMG_4194
Team Mafia

IMG_4118
IMG_4124
IMG_4142
IMG_4145
IMG_4189
IMG_4193

---

初三 (CNY Day 3)


Best visiting day ever!!! Scott invited the clique to his place and woah let me just say..... his house.... is like a fucking palace. There is a lift on all four floors and a pool table, a gym room & a huge balcony on the top floor. Not to mention, every family member has their own room with a personal toilet and walk in wardrobe. My dream house *.* We split into a few groups - the mahjong group, the poker group & the gaming group. Stayed over till noon the next day and we drove out for dim sum brunch!

IMG_4251
IMG_4215
Mahjong kakis

IMG_4233
IMG_4209
Gamer group 1

IMG_4247
Hahahaha Qiao's model shot wtf

IMG_4239
IMG_4218
IMG_4221
IMG_4224
IMG_4207
Gamer group 2

IMG_4254
IMG_4262
IMG_4256
Scott's wardrobe is bigger than mine omg so jelly!!

IMG_4249
IMG_4263


I hope you guys had a blast during the CNY break as well!
Till next time, x

No comments:

Post a Comment