Monday, January 26, 2015

How could you be so nice in so many ways
and then do something so wantonly cruel?

IMG_3911

You know what pisses me off the most? It is that when I found out, the first thing you said wasn't "I'm sorry". Instead, it was "how'd you find out?" that vindicated my suspicions. No remorse, not the slightest hint of concern. And as I was breaking apart, all you could offer was false hope and empty apologies. What I don't understand is how you could think that it was ever difficult for you too - because you were the one who made the choice for things to turn out the way they did. The murderer has no right to pretend to be victimised.

I wonder if the universe fights for souls to be together. What if your soulmate fucked it up and some time later the both of you found someone new to fill up the empty spaces between your fingers. Everything feels nice again and you think you're healed. Then one morning the face of your soulmate flashes in your eyes or that familiar scent floats by. All the efforts in burying the objects that serve as a poignant reminder of your soulmate goes to waste and you realise you never really moved on because the universe is doing its job.

The propensity to settle for less is high but how does one define 'less'?

No comments:

Post a Comment