Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Bali Bible - Part 2

IMG_7395
IMG_7383
IMG_7385
After 2 hours of climbing, we managed to reach the peak at about 6am.

IMG_7391
IMG_7390
The view was spectacular *.* Puffy clouds hehe

IMG_7388
IMG_7407
IMG_7398
This was actually the sun rising but we only managed to see it for a split second before the clouds covered it. Sigh.

IMG_7424
IMG_7404
IMG_7418
IMG_7409
Apparently everyone becomes friends on top of a volcano haha

IMG_7420
IMG_7423
I freaked out!!!! The monkey ran towards me just as I was trying to snap a picture of it.

IMG_7430
IMG_7425
IMG_7433
IMG_7437
IMG_7446
On our way down from Mount Batur

IMG_7438
IMG_7442
IMG_7450
IMG_7454
Kerobokan prison, home to Bali Nine. I read a book on it called Hotel K and seeing the real thing made me super excited because the book was so detailed and it describes what exactly goes on behind those walls.

IMG_7456
Potato Head Beach Club

IMG_7460
IMG_7459
IMG_7487
IMG_7527
IMG_7497
IMG_7509
IMG_7510
IMG_7491
IMG_7523
I tried touching the cow from behind but it avoided me (damn) and Ciwei was freaking out because she was like "eh!!! Careful later kick you how!" hahahaha can't believe I didn't think of that. Recklessness is gonna get me killed someday (touchwood)

IMG_7496
IMG_7531
IMG_7542
IMG_7540
Yummy corn with sweet chilli! Tastes way better than corn with butter.

IMG_7555
Livin' the lifeeeeee~

IMG_7546
IMG_7556
Sunset which was also covered by clouds. Must be our unlucky day :(

IMG_7563
Mexican food yum yum

IMG_7565

Bali Day 3 (30 May 2015, Saturday)

Day 3 was one word - insane. We slept at 8pm the night before in order to get up at 1am (yes, 1 freakin' AM I'm not kidding) to climb a volcano. Our designated driver came to fetch us at 1.45am and it was a 2.5 hour drive to Mount Batur. We rented windbreakers there because it was really cold in the morning and while on the peak of the volcano so if any of you are going, I would suggest you bring along your own jacket instead.

The trekking was total madness I think I almost died. 5km up and another 5km down an extremely steep mountain. The path wasn't paved so we had to shine torches in pitch black darkness (we started climbing at 4am) to watch where we were stepping. Had uncountable mini heart attacks every time I almost slipped on the steep rocky slope. Climbing up was easier as it was less slippery but we still had to be really careful. It was especially tiring for me and I had a hard time catching up due to my horrible stamina... Am super thankful for our 2 guides who helped me so much along the way and my friends for looking out for me & carrying my stuff :')

The sense of accomplishment when we finally got to the peak cannot be described with words. Even though we made it in time for the sunrise but didn't manage to see it because of the excessive clouds & fog, I didn't regret going on the hike at all. Bad news was that I stepped on human poop while peeing in the bushes. There are no toilets on the volcano (duh) so Ciwei, Dhiv & I went to the bushes to pee side by side and unlucky me stepped onto poop.. I was so fucking grossed out >:( Curse the person who pooped there!!!! All in all the trek was an amazing once in a lifetime experience but I'd never do it again. My lungs can't handle it. Haha.

After the trek we went off for lunch and back to the villa to wash up before heading to Potato Head beach club! Turns out it was full because we didn't know that we had to make a reservation beforehand so we strolled along the beach instead. Found a bar along the beach and ended up sitting there to chill. Stayed till the sunset before cabbing down to Seminyak Square for mexican food! We even had time for a massage & pedicure session after dinner. Exhausting yet fulfilling day ^-^

---

IMG_7583
IMG_7566
IMG_7570
IMG_7574
IMG_7580
IMG_7577
IMG_7581
The humble 2 bedroom villa we booked is located in Seminyak, not far away from a Seminyak Square and Potato Head beach club. It's soooo clean and we even had our very own private pool! Only cost us about SGD120 per person for 3 nights.

IMG_7585
Ayam Panggang - it was so good that each of us ordered a second serving of chicken. Not to mention, cheap. Only SGD 1.80 per chicken wtf.

IMG_7591
IMG_7605
Ciwei - also known as our hipster friend.

IMG_7608
Cutest couple award goes to Dhiv & Yx

IMG_7611

Bali Day 4 (31 May 2015, Sunday)

The final day of our short getaway. Checked out of the villa and our hired driver came to fetch us at 10am. Left our luggages in the car while we went to have lunch and shop at Kuta area, mainly bought souvenirs back for friends & colleagues. The boys bought imitation Nikes at about SGD30! Those looking for fake branded stuff just head to Kuta. Of course they have other stuff like beachwear and souvenirs as well. Popped by Kuta beach (walking distance from the shopping area) before heading to the airport. Took the evening flight so we had dinner on the plane.

---

Bali, you were wonderful and I promise to be back for you!! Everyone there was really friendly, we stayed in a lovely villa, did crazy fun activities and ate good food. I definitely preferred Bali to other nearby countries such as Phuket, Bangkok & Ho Chi Minh. We didn't have time to visit the Sky Garden (it's one of their most popular night clubs) and Waterbom (Asia's best water theme park) this trip but I'll be sure to add these places to my itinerary during my next visit!


Read Part 1 here

No comments:

Post a Comment